Sprouting Corn for the Ducks and Rabbits Part 1

 


    After doing much research, I have decided that I would rather sprout grains for the ducks than feed them prepared chicken feed. I will also give them prepared chicken feed, but I think it would be pretty cool to sprout corn or black oil sunflower seeds or really any grain, and be able to feed it to the ducks and rabbits. That being said, right now the ducks eat baby duck food, Water Hyacinth, and some leaves from Spanish Needle. Right now the rabbits eat Alfalfa pellets, water hyacinth, and plants from the yard primarily grasses and African Honeysuckle.

     There isn't that much information available about sprouting 🌽 for ducks. I chose corn because it was nine dollars for a fifty pound bag from the feed store. The black oil sunflower seeds are twenty dollars for a fifty pound bag. Or it may have been a forty pound bag. Much more expensive, but possibly more nutritious.

 

First overnight soak

   This particular brand had a lot of broken pieces of corn for a bag labeled whole corn. I may not get this brand again.