There's Something Going On With The Economy

      The other day I was at a big box store on the west side of the adjacent county, which is where I work now. And I was looking to see if they had jalapeƱo or red pepper jelly, which is wayyy better than normal jelly for your great American traditional sandwich, the peanut butter and jelly. Or as my kiddo said when she was little, the belly jelly sandwich.

     The store did have pepper jelly, but it was oddly sold out of normal flavors of jelly, like your standard grape and strawberry. Even gone was my other favorite, blackberry. Apple butter was gone. Oddly apricot and mint were there. And hot pepper.


     Most of the peanut butter was also sold out, but the more expensive brands were there, plus the few jars of store brand. Not a jif in sight.

     Then I noticed that all the store brand cheap bread was bought out, but there was plenty of Nature's Own, now $4 a bag. And plenty of that disgusting Sara Lee bread.


     I'm not sure if it's a reflection of our economy or the high homelessness on that side of the county. Or both.